The latest research from Valassis was referenced in a recent SupermarketNews article, noting two interesting discoveries about the online grocery shopping experience.
- 68% of online grocery shoppers say that using coupons and discounts to save money is the most important factor when shopping
- The online grocery shopping experience still has room for improvement
According to the study, 63% of consumers still make all or most of their food purchases in-store. But online shopping has increased year over year by 44% for food; 40% for health and beauty products; and 38% for household items.
Among the greatest opportunities for improvement:
- 64% of online shoppers miss the sensory experience of touching and smelling produce
- 62% find it frustrating when they can’t use coupons or discounts
- 62% are uncomfortable having someone else pick out their produce or other perishable items
Read the full article…